General Information – Columbia Borough Lead-Safe Paint Report
According to Columbia Borough Ordinance No. 906-2018, all properties built prior to 1978 are required to submit a lead paint safe inspection report to the Borough prior to receiving rental housing licenses or certificates of occupancy. A complete copy of the ordinance is available online at www.columbipa.net.
Lancaster County Redevelopment Authority has two (2) Certified Lead-Based Risk Assessors. (Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and licensed by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania)
- Troy Connor
- Steven Kaufhold
Property Owners are required to fill out an Application for Inspection.
A Staff Member of the Lancaster County Redevelopment Authority will contact the Property Owner to verify the information and schedule an Inspection.
Dust-wipes will cost $8 per sample and is an additional fee of the visual inspection and/or risk assessment and clearance report to obtain a Lead-Safe Certificate.
The Certified Lead-Based Risk Assessors will perform a visual inspection and dust wipe samples.
- Visual Inspection, per unit, will take approximately 1 – 1.5 hours.
- Number of dust-wipes will be determined by the number of rooms in a unit. At least two (2) wipes per room will be needed.
- Results from the testing and a “Lead-Safe Certificate” will be proved in approximately 1 week from inspection.
|Estimated Fee for Visual Inspection|
|$150.00 per unit + $8 per dust-wipe|
A Risk Assessment and Clearance Report will be conducted if it is determined during the visual inspection that Lead-Based Paint is presumed to be present and visual signs of peeling, and chipping paint is identified.
- Full Risk Assessment, per unit, will take approximately 2-2.5 hours.
- Number of dust wipes will be determined by the number of rooms and/or visual evidence of peeling, chipping paint.
- A Risk Assessment Report, which identifies the levels of exceedance of Lead-Based Paint and areas needing repair (interim controls or abatement), will be provided within 1 to 2 weeks of inspection.
- A clearance test and report will be conducted after the repairs are completed.
|Estimated Fee for Risk Assessment Report and Clearance|
|$340.00 per unit + $8 per dust-wipe|